Tuesday, September 05, 2006
At the Zoo
After that failed visit to Sentosa (the kids cried cos they were afraid of the dark and enclosed area in UnderwaterWorld), Jiejie & Jiefu decided to give the zoo a try.
Family outing to the zoo on Saturday and we had this planned more than a month ago!
The kids drove us all the way to mandai, taking turns when they are tired~

The zoo has indeed changed alot since my primary school days. I was so looking forward to the elephant ride with the kids as it brings back memories when I was young but too bad, I have 2 timid lil mousey over here. :(
Pic taken after the elephant show

Somehow this place reminds me of Thailand cos of the wooden huts and the coconut trees. Anyway this is the first photo of keatkeat! Cos he is so afraid of touching these fake animals for god-knows what reason. So all the while, only binbin is taking pics!
The same reason goes for this photo.

Dunno what's wrong with keat, he doesnt wanna face the camera and insist on looking at the animals. Heh. But I like it. They are so cute!
Small and Smaller

This is where the kids totally enjoyed themselves. They "sayang" the guinea pig and chase after it whenever it runs away. I was so glad at that point of time! Finally I dun haf to keep carrying them around. Imagine carrying a 10KG boy around the zoo? It is a workout rather than an excursion! Haha..
Polar Bear Enclosure

I found this poster. Wondering what's so special about this poster? 'INUKA' was my group name during a thailand school camp.. Heh.. I didn't know INUKA is the name of the first polar bear born in Singapore.
I can still remember my group members henna tattoo-ed our arms with the word 'INUKA' and because of the suntan I got during the camp, the word 'INUKA' sort of became a permanent tattoo on my arm. At that time, I was still doing catering and diners will ask me about the 'tattoo' cause it's so prominent! Eryer.. I didn't like it and almost wanted to go for an artificial tan haha. I was crazy to think of that idea anyway. But somehow it just fades off after sometime. I had long forgotten all about this until last Saturday.
And Finally..

Keatkeat and Ah Yi with the zebras! He is so adorable especially with that finger on his cheeks. (At this point, binbin is sleeping soundly in his mummy's arms.. Hee)
~~I love my nephews~~
Posted by Angela at 5:15 PM