Friday, September 01, 2006


Random

Monster House is our 20th movie! The movie is hilarious, especially that fat boy called chowder (reminds me of clam chowder). Hehe.

I was horrified when I walked into the theatre. That's because I saw an alarming number of kids, roughly 80% of the people watching the movie. Then I realised that it is the school holidays now :( But overall I was enjoying the movie, didn't really bother about the noises the kids made.

I hope I'm able to find time nxt friday to catch Devil wears Prada. Already on the reserved list of the book from the library but I'm the 15th person on that list! It's crazy.

The singnet unlimited broadband contract is killing me! Im paying $47 for 512kpbs connection. WTF! The promotion is only $29.95 for 512kbps and $39.95 for 1500kbps. I can easily get a faster connected with $47 lor! And damnit, I still have 7 more months before I can upgrade. Im wasting my money. Argh..

This morning's tutorial is the worst tutorial EVER in my NUS life.

A number of dumb things this stupid tutor did

1) She was unable to open the door of the tutorial room as it was locked and tried to pull the door by brute force. She has no common sense that she must scan her matriculation card at the scanner to unlock the door and therefore we wasted 30mins cause of her stupidity.

2) She called her boyfriend to accompany her and was busy calling the helpline for some angel to come to her rescue. Meanwhile, she was pak-tor-ing with her boyfriend in front of all of us. Hug him, touch him, play with him. This is ridiculous.

3) She is from China and obviously her English isnt very good. So I practically couldnt understand what she was talking about. I rather she spoke in Chinese, it would have been much clearer.

4) The questions were MCQ. She merely read out the answers and did not explain how she derive those answers. But seriously, we couldnt understand anyway if she did explain.

5) Her handphone rang 3 times! RINGING MODE! And for goodness sake, she picked up the call and continue with her conversation for at least a minute. She is hopeless!

6) In her panic mode, she forgot to turn on the air-con for around 15mins before some brave soul reminded her.

I can't stand it. I wrote in to the lecturer for a change of class. My econs is not gonna suffer cause of her incompetence.

I seriously dun understand why honours year students should teach. I know that their results are fantastic but good students are not necessarily good teachers. I rather an honours year student who has that passion to teach to be a TA and not someone who needs to do it for the sake of doing it. It sux.

Posted by Angela at 11:48 PM