Sunday, June 03, 2007
10km Hiking Adventure
Woke up early in the morning at 7:30am for hiking at MacRitchie Reservoir. The trip was suggested by jw who seems to know the route quite well. So the 4 of us, tog with perry set off together around 8:30am.
Pink Route

The pink line is the route we took. With the grade as "Difficult" and time to walk as "4-5 hours". We actually took around 2 hours to complete the entire journey, including the walk across BKE and towards Bukit Timah. The route was uneven but other than that, it was quite ok for me, as long as i have a companion to crap along the way. Hee.
There were aplenty of joggers and hikers in the park in the early morning. I really admire those joggers who can jog on these rocky roads, especially when there are uphills and downhills. It's unstable and dangerous. Luckily it didn't rain, otherwise the possibility of having a fall is really quite high.
It is amazing how tired i get after jogging 2.4km but walking 2.4km is really just like shopping except in a humid environment.
The route

Basically we just kept walking along rows of trees, this is considered one of the better paths, some were very narrow and has holes in them. Seriously, it is better to go with a group of friends if you intend to go hiking, it is quite dangerous especially if there are rapists/molesters, this place is super easy to target. Luckily we didn't meet anything unusual along the way.
It gets tiring when I reached the 6km mark. I have mosquito bites on my legs, sand in my shoes (I get pricked with every step I take), and most importantly, the sun is making me perspire like a pig, tires me out faster.
Until we met with this little obstacle.

Haha. I thought we had lost our way but somehow we managed to get over to the other side and continued with the journey.
I really felt accomplished after the 10+ km walk and reached King Albert Park Macdonald, all the way from MacRitchie Reservoir. My legs were aching when i reached home but I'm feeling alright now.
Too bad the treetop walk is closed. It will re-open to the public on 9 June. I wanna go again! Heez
Posted by Angela at 1:35 AM