Sunday, June 03, 2007


KL Trip Continued..

I am a big procrastinator! I learned my lesson never to put posts as "part 1", cos i simply dun come back to them. Well, let me continue on my KL trip.

Day 2
We venture around the hotel in the afternoon. Felt like taking a dip at this skybar pool or this jacuzzi but we did not bring our swimming attire. Argh, what a waste. There was this gym facility in the hotel as well but we did not have our running shoes either. So unprepared. :(

Took their LRT to Midvalley Megamall.

LRT Card Does this remind you of our old farecard that you use some years back? KL is still using it! So outdated sia. I seriously prefer to tap and go, it's so much more efficient and reduces the queue.

I really hate their trains.
So old and not well-maintained. I have to wait 10-15 mins for a train and there are no seats available so I have to keep standing. Eeeww.

The megamall is huge! We spent an hour on each storey, simply just browsing through the shops, nothing much to buy and things are expensive.

A must try in KL will be madam kwan restaurant.

We had this nasi lemak.
It might look just like any other nasi lemak in Singapore but I find it really nice, especially the rendang beef. Yum.

Mentos Chewing Gum
Since this "forbidden fruit" is banned in Singapore, we had to try it in KL. I saw Kim Gary in KL, wanted to try it but forgot all about it the next day. Haha.

Turkish Ice-Cream
$1.50 is cheap so I wanted to try it but was so afraid that he will trick me. You know such ang mohs like to trick their customers but this one doesn't. Instead, he request me to take a picture of him and his upside down ice-cream. Hehe.
Tried Dunkin Donuts
Nothing special and I don't find them very sweet. However I like the colourful donuts, makes me feel like eating them. And this malay lady tried to get our orders by speaking malay and we don't understand. I am glad that pointing at the donuts and paying with cash is such a universal language that we can simply ignore the language barrier.

At night we meet up with the uncles and ate crab claypot rice, salted egg prawns and 4 heavenly kings. I like the salted egg prawns alot, it is really very nice! We proceeded to eat durian at some roadside stall and 1 uncle drove us around the batu caves but it was too late for us to go in so we just drove around it.. it is nice to have a tour guide sometimes.. :)

Day 3
I wanted to go up to the Twin Towers, KL tower and 1Utama. While waiting for the entrance to the Twin Towers, we ate at Chinos on the Park. An expensive restaurant but highly recommended. It's a restaurant where a lot of ang mohs frequent.

I tried mushroom cappuccino and margarita pizza. The mushroom cappuccino is really very nice but my stomach was acting up and i felt like vomiting. I only managed to finish 1 slice of margarita pizza and I couldn't take it anymore. It was a pity I forgot to take pictures of the food, the stingray taste really good too.

I went back hotel and took medicine and sleep. I woke up with high fever of 38.6 degrees!

Dear was nice and took care of me again. He bought me medicine and thermometer and ordered in house dining for us.. Their in house dining is good too.Haiz, my day 3 was wasted just like that. I made his dad cancelled his ktv trip too! :(

Day 4
It's time to head back home. It is a super long journey and I suddenly realise that we didn't do much in KL. Argh, I also didn't know that there was a theme park at times sq. if i knew i will go and there were so many places we din visit. There was no proper planning too. Next time, I must plan my itinery everytime i go overseas otherwise i will just slack my days away.

Posted by Angela at 2:40 AM