Thursday, July 12, 2007


Happy Birthday To Me~

Officially 23 yrs old now.

My birthday always starts with cutting of cake at 12 midnight with my family.

Chocolate Truffle Cake
A nice chocolatey cake for me. :) My jiefu tried to pretend that he forgot about my birthday and didn't buy me a cake. But his little son gave him away! Hee. Kids don't tell lies.

Whoooooooooooooooooo~
They help to blow out the candles. I realise I don't really know how to blow candles. Only manage to blow 1 out of 5. Lousy ah yi.

Sho cute
He gobbled up the flower made of chocolate. Look at him!! Lurveeeeeee him.

---------------------------------------------

Dear picked me up at night for my bday dinner at SAGE, RESTAURANT (http://www.sagerestaurants.com.sg/index.php).

We are going for fine dining!

Had a 4 course dinner and the food is fabulous.

This restaurant is the fruit of a couple. The husband is the chef while the lady boss takes care of service. She is a friendly and pretty eurasian lady and is only 1 year older than me! Totally enjoyed her service.

A little complimentary lamb shank on the house. The mutton tastes sooo good. I really hope they make this into an appetizer or a main course.

(Descriptions are copied from their website, cos i simply dunno how to describe them)

Appetizers

Mine - Foie Gras
Marinated duck foie gras wrapped in pancetta with pistachio crust and fig compote, Granny Smith apple puree and a dressing of red grape mustard vinegar.

After reading posts and posts of xiaxue's endless raves about foie gras, I had to try it. High class duck liver. I really like the outer part of it, however, I find that the liver has a really strong taste which I don't really fancy so as usual, I gave it to my dear who finishes it up. He said he likes this the most!

His - Escargot & Prawns
A risotto of Burgundy escargot and tiger prawns flambéed with pastis, Parmesan crusted poached egg and Italian parsley foam

I love escargot, tried it at the ship, shashlik, ma maison and now at sage restaurant! Thumbs up.

Soups

Mine - Scallops & Bouillabaisse
Seafood bouillabaisse with seared scallops on gratin of endive with saffron rouille

One big scallop right in the middle for me to enjoy. Heaven. The soup is so "seafoody" and salty, just the way I like it.

His - Mushrooms
Cappuccino of wild mushrooms

We had mushroom cappuccino since our KL trip and this is just right for him because he is a mushroom lover.

Main Course

Mine - Beef Bouguignon
Beef brisket braised in red wine with smoked bacon, galette of potato, garlic and rosemary, brunoise of root vegetables and glazed Brussels sprouts

Artistic shot of the beef? My product. :)

Oooohhhh, the beef is so thickkkkk! I can never get enough of it. The galette of potato surprised me. It doesnt look like potatoes at all but it tastes great. I should be a westerner, I love beef and potatoes so much.

His - Tiger Prawn and Basil PastaSautéed tiger prawns on homemade capellini of red beet pasta tossed with pesto, Roma tomato broth and shavings of Parmigiano Reggiano

Dear said the tiger prawns are so fresh and tastes really sweet. I agree however, it would taste even better without the pesto sauce. Herbs are just.. not so nice.

Desserts

Mine - Crème Brûlée
White chocolate crème brûlée with blood orange sorbet on redcurrant jelly and Navel orange meringue

Highly recommended on a food blog which we frequent. White chocolatessssss. Sweeet~ It's a great way to end off my fine dining experience at SAGE.

His - Chocolate Fondant
Manjari chocolate fondant topped with fresh raspberries and vanilla bean ice-cream

My darling loves that mountain of chocolate very much. It is hard baked chocolate on the outside and inside it is flowing hot chocolate. How cool is that! Much more impressive than normal chocolate fondue yea?

Great food comes with a high price. A classy dinner for two comes up to a bill of $170+. I'm a lucky girl. Hee.

Satisfied

We went for a movie - Die Hard 4.0 after our dinner. The movie is damn kua zhang especially the fighter plane and the "optimus prime" scene. Oh, if you din watch transformers, you won't know what I am toking about. This movie is all about being really hard to die. LOL.

My 2nd birthday cake. I requested for a cheesecake and he got it from this guy who DIY his cakes and promote them on his blog.

My chocolate cheesecake
Everyone commented that the cake is good! I only ate a slice and now, there is only 1 slice left. I gave half of my cake to dear's family. His brother, father and himself ate it up, my sis, jiefu and bin kept slicing pieces of my cake to eat. I'm glad everyone like it.

We went up to mount faber to cut cake in the car. This is my one and only slice that I ate. lol.
I kept bugging dear for my present. Tried to do a search warrant on him when he was driving haha. I finally got it. Yeahhhhh.
I'm gonna bring it out tomorrow. Hee.

I made a birthday wish. I actually made the exact same birthday wish last year on my bday. It's coming true and will come true forever. *smiles*

I had a happy 23rd birthday!

Posted by Angela at 3:51 AM