Tuesday, December 11, 2007


Hong Kong Day 1

I'm back from Hong Kong! Celebrated my graduation with a nice trip. Ready to look for a job soon.

So much to update u guys, shall start with my hk trip first. :)

Took a morning flight at 6:40am on 4th Dec 2007. Reached the airport around 5:00am and ventured around Terminal 3 before having breakfast and setting off.

Some pictures of the new Terminal 3.

Skytrain to Terminal 3

Yeah! After 4 hours sitting in the plane, we arrived at Hong Kong International Airport.
We got lost while looking for the booth to board the airport transfer bus to our hotel. The directions and map they gave us wasn't very clear but we managed to find it in the end.

Waiting for the airport transfer bus
Finally on the bus towards Kowloon Island

A very nice bridge which i dunno the name

Scenery
Tourists / Hong Kong Citizens mostly use those professional cameras to take pictures. Females and Males included. Look so Pro. Some of them hold their cameras like a gun. Haha. Bet it must be heavy lugging that huge camera around. I want a professional camera too!

Skyscrapers
Their buildings are damn nice! Most of them are more than 30-40 storeys tall and the exterior looks damn classy, just like condominiums. Furthermore most of them are on top of a hill, it makes these buildings look even taller. Very nice architecture.

Hotel : Metropark Hotel Kowloon (near Mongkok MTR)

Counter

Lobby

Our room
Just nice for 2 people but the TV channels are quite restricted. There is an adult channel but you gotta pay, can preview, but only for 1 minute or so. Haha. Other channels are fashion shows with models dressing skimpily or news and weather forecasts. The room is damn cold lor, even when the aircon is switched off. Freezing inside.

The road towards Mong Kok Area from our hotel

Busy Roads

A quick shot while waiting for the traffic lights to turn green

Aaron Kwok's Advertisment (How to keep fit)

Mongkok MTR station
This is my main transport in hong kong. Very accessible, linking the 2 islands together. Fast too. But I got quite sick of the operator cos she needs to speak in 3 different languages (Cantonese, Chinese, English) before the door can close.

Went to Tsim Sha Tsui and settle our lunch there. Wah, no decent food to eat there, either it is too expensive or there is no food outlet in sight! Just anyhow dine at this UCC Cafe where they serve Ma Maison-like food but the taste is nowhere near.

Attraction 1 : Avenue of Stars

To celebrate Christmas, they setup this for visitors to write their wishes and hang it up. Too bad, there were no slips of papers left when I was there, otherwise I can make my own wish too.

Pictures
Symbolic Boat of HK

Bruce Lee

At Avenue of Stars, can see all these handprints of big famous stars like tony leung, jacky chan, jacky cheung, andy lau, maggie cheung, lin ching hsia and so on.

This is my favourite star - Aaron Kwok
I was so disappointed because I didn't spot his handprint, it was all the way till the end. Hee. For some which we dun like, we will just step on them, like leon lai, haha, childish but well, whatever.

Clock Tower

The view of Hong Kong Island. Too bad that it is foggy cos of the cold weather.
Attraction 2: Star Ferry

Board the Star Ferry over to Hong Kong Island. I thought that the ferry is just a tourist attraction but it is actually a transport for citizens as well. The breeze is cool. Temperature is around 15-19 degrees in HK. I heard that it is more expensive to take the MTR over to Hong Kong Island because it is underground.

The best thing is they have this octopus card, same as ezlink, so whether u board the MTR or star ferry or bus, this card can be used. Somehow I feel that Singapore is copying Hong Kong in many ways.

We always eat this doraemon snack whenever we are hungry.

We arrived at Hong Kong Island. Wow, it is a high class place, something like the CBD area and Orchard Road. Louis Vuitton, Gucci, and all the branded stuffs are everywhere.

We ventured further south of the island to Lan Kwai Fong. The place for pubs and chill out. Nice environment.

There are many slopes in HK. Good exercise for many people. It is not surprising to see this flight of stairs. It is everywhere!I realize most of the people in hong kong are slim, didn't see any fat people around and there are ALOT of old people. Talking about aging population huh. Gonna happen in Sg soon. But these old people are very active, looks healthy and strong too. Well-taken care of, I guess.

Nothing much to do because the things there are expensive so we went back to Kowloon Island via Star Ferry and had our dinner.

Cafe De Coral - Good food at Cheap Prices

My Chicken Chop Rice Set Meal
His Steak Set Meal

We had a hard time ordering because the cashier didn't explain where we need to collect our food properly. Luckily I know cantonese otherwise I think we will be so lost. Most of them speak cantonese, some of them couldn't even understand english or mandarin. Then I keep translating to my dear when I converse with the shopkeepers in cantonese so it appears that I am a hongkie and he is a tourist. LOL.

So we bought our dessert drink at this stall. It can be found everywhere in HK.

Our drink - Mango and StrawberryI think it is nice and yummy but it was a wrong choice to bring it over when we watch the symphony of lights because it was really cold there, especially when the cold wind blows. Chilly.

Attraction 3: Symphony of Lights
A synchronised light display of buildings in Hong Kong Island that starts at 8pm. A popular attraction for tourists. Worth watching once.

After this, we went back to Mongkok area to do some shopping at Ladies Street. Bought this street snack on our way back to our hotel. Nice and pepperish.
Coming up - Day 2 - Dim Sum Breakfast, Ocean park, The Peak, Wax Museum

Posted by Angela at 12:39 AM