Friday, December 14, 2007
Hong Kong Day 2
My day started off with a hearty dim sum breakfast at London Restaurant.
Directions: Dao Hiang Dim Sum, London Restaurant Address: 612 Nathan Rd. Good hope building. Directions: Go Mongkok MTR, Exit E2
The place was big, big enough to hold a decent chinese wedding dinner.

It was full house at around 9-10am. Most of them (90%) are old folks. There was this old man who shared a seat with us and ordered only a pot of tea and reading his newspaper. I was later told that many of these old folks simply spend a whole day at the restaurant just like that! What a waste of time.
I was too excited about yum cha in hong kong that I ordered too much. :(

The chee cheong fun, xiao long baos, turnip cakes, cha shao baos are not bad. I like the egg tarts. It melts in your mouth. Too bad I was too full to eat somemore.
Attraction 4: Ocean Park
We took the mtr to Admiralty Station and the ticketing booth and bus is just outside one of their exits. Travelling in Hong Kong is really easy.
The queue and the bus to Ocean Park.

Our admission tickets

The journey to Ocean Park was quite long, as usual, alot of up-slopes and down-slopes before we reach there.
The main entrance

As I keep mentioning, there are many slopes in HK, they actually have quite a few long escalators like this for us to go from attractions to attractions.

Rides

We took our first ride in Hong Kong. The Raging River. Nothing much actually, just got wet. Similar to most flume rides.
Mine Train

We played this too. It's fun. I like it.
Scenery Pic - Look at how high I was, from sea level.

Pacific Pier

All the seals, sealions, sea otters and their species are here.
Observatory Tower and Scenery Pictures

We queued for a very long time and the ride was just a few mins. :( But the view was quite nice, except that it's abit foggy due to the cold weather.
Indoor Pool

Because it is ocean park, so there are many exhibits of marine life such as sharks, fish, dolphins, turtles and so on. This is the biggest indoor pool that I had ever seen. But I think I don't really know how to appreciate fishes and all, so we just took some pictures and left.
Funfair

More Rides
Pirate Ship - Thrilling

Ferris Wheel

Queue for a long time for this. We had quite some time before a show starts thats why we waited for this ferris wheel ride.
Normal ride but a stupid china man made my dear uncomfortable when we were queuing. He was pressing his whole body against him during the entire queue. Seriously don't understand why is there a need to be so close. Anyway most of the china people who came to hong kong are rowdy and rude. Can't stand it.
Rollercoaster

I love rollercoasters! This has 3 loops. It looks scary but it wasn't that exciting. The Mine Train that I mentioned earlier was better.
Other rides that we didn't try

Show

The show that we had been waiting for. Look at that amount of people! Can you imagine that 1 adult ticket is around $40 and there are so many people! Ocean park earns so much!
But this show is super boring. There were alot of hiccups during the show. 1 seal and a few dolphins was not cooperating. There was no host to tell us what they are doing and with so many hiccups, they appear to be practicing rather than performing. Lousy.
Cable Car Ride

Woo. This is fun. A must if you go to ocean park. I think the whole experience is rather scary cause we are only travelling on 1 rope and below us is the cliff. So if anything happens, that's the end of us. Sometimes, the cable car will stop moving for 1 minute or so and we were at the highest level, woo, damn freaky. The wind keeps blowing too, very shiok.
Isn't this scary?

After the thrilling ride, we took a photo with a shark mascot.

He (or was it a She) was damn hyper. Hugged me and bite my head! I hugged it back when taking the photo and could sense a motor in his suit. Aircon?
Hot air balloon

Just took a photo with it. Too bad it was not in operation.
Attraction 5: Peak Tram
Self-explanatory, the tram that goes to The Peak. Had a hard time locating this place, stupid loop bus!
The Queue at 7pm

But we jump queue because we bought the trio combo (peak tram + madame tussauds + sky pass). It's alil cheaper.
Our Tickets

The tram just left. :(

Back again!

I was eavesdropping while waiting for the tram. There was this china businessman who came over for a business trip and the locals were showing him around hong kong. Then he asked a weird question.
China BusinessMan: Hong Kong uses alot of electricity, so where did HK get it's electricity from?
HK Female Assistant: *Stunned look*
HK Male Boss: "Oh, we get it from blah blah blah"
Not easy being a businessman huh, still need to know alot of general knowledge also. lol. Even if he is bullshitting, no one will know. Haha.
During the entire trip, we were tilted 45degrees (because it is upslope). Strain my neck.
Attraction 6: Madame Tussauds - Wax Museum
Very sad, because my battery level is super low at this moment. Haiz. So we had a really rush visit at this museum but still manage to take a few pictures.
Jacky Chan

Chen Huiling

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie - Angelina looks so real~!!

Model - Taller than my dear. Haha

Jay Chou - Quite surprise to see him there, but I think he is the ugliest. LOL

Eddie Murphy - Imitating his actions

Gu Ju Ji - V popular in HK but I actually forgot his existence.

Kylie

Aaron Kwok - My Favourite, His wax figure is the latest addition.

For the soccer fans

Meryl Streep - The Witch in Devil Wears Prada, she looks so motherly here.

Dunno who is she but her wax figure is just like a doll in a musical box.

Ayumi Hamasaki - Very doll-like

Zhang Bo Zhi - My dear adores her beauty

Michelle Yeoh

Madonna - With her pointy breasts. Hahaha

Princess Diana

Before we saw princess diana, we saw zhang guo rong, I think his wax figure looks really scary and vampirish, you know, just like a dead person so I deleted that photo. Eeks.
The Royalty

Then we started taking nonsensical photos. Hoho
Adolf Hitler

Pinch your ear - Don't like u

Is it far enough?

Spot any difference?

Saying Hiiiiiiiiii


Just for fun - Don't flame me.

Don't like you, make me study so much!

I am bond, James Bond

Just beat it, beat it Just beat it, beat it Just beat it, beat it Just beat it, beat it

Wooo, hug Andy Lau

Auntie Killer - He got so tall meh?!?!

Help you to cover

Haha, actually I can wear her suit and pretend to be her too but there were too many people. I am shy.
I want to reach for the ball!

We are not twins anymore, We are triplets!

Waaa Taaaaaa~

Left Madame Tussauds for the Sky View before my battery goes flat.
Attraction 7 : Sky View
Beautiful night view of Hong Kong. Freezing cold.
Coming up - Day 3 - Traditional Bus Tram Ride, Repulse Bay, Stanley Market, Food, Shopping
Posted by Angela at 1:17 AM