Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Hong Kong Day 3
I read forum reviews about Yung Kee Restaurant that sells roast pigeon. Need to make reservations cos of its popularity. But we forgot.
Also, my friend recommended this nice eatery which is located at the same place as Yung Kee (Wellington St - Hong Kong Island) so we decided to venture there. If Yung Kee fails, at least we got a backup plan.
Yung Kee Restaurant - Famous for Roast Pigeon

Doesnt it look grand and intimidating? Haha I didn't even step inside to ask if seats were available cos I'm afraid it will be quite expensive and so we gave it a miss.
Tsui Wah Restaurant (Opp Yung Kee)

Yeah and this is our backup. It was crowded and the food is good.
Our brunch - Beef Brisket Noodles and Prawns with Beancurd Noodles

It's really very nice and tasty. I can't help but feel hungry after looking at this picture. I miss the taste. :(
Condensed Milk with Peanut Butter - Yummy

After trying the real stuff in Hong Kong, I wouldn't try Kim Gary anymore.
With a satisfied stomach, we went for a traditional bus ride that still runs on rail tracks. It is so classic.

The tracks on the roads

In the bus

The seats are plastic chairs which u see in coffeeshops in the past. There is no aircon, the walking space is limited. It is really small. Hee. I always like to experience such things, doesnt matter if it is old or new.
We alighted and waited for another bus that is going to Repulse Bay and Stanley Market. While waiting for the bus, I had nothing to do, so just took some random photos.
Old Housing

Some of the older housing that I came across. Should be quite familiar to most of us. Always see Jacky Chan jumping from 1 aircon box to the next. Don't be mistaken that HK's housing are like these, most of them are actually high rise condominiums that look really really classy and nice. I like their architecture v much.
School Boy waiting for the same bus as me

Hehe. I find this little boy cute. I seldom hear kids speaking to each other in Cantonese and these 2 kids were speaking really fluently. How nice.
Attraction 8: Repulse Bay

Took a 30-45mins bus ride all the way to Repulse Bay. Nothing much actually, just a nice beach with a scenic view.
Traffic Light Button
Attraction 9: Stanley MarketSea view at Stanley Market

I was really excited about coming to Stanley Market cause I was looking forward to shopping.
Wah, but I was so disappointed. The things sold here are not my type. The market is small. It is hot! I got really sian here. If you are going to Hong Kong, please don't go to Stanley Market. It's a waste of time.
I was so tired that I fell asleep on the bus ride back to Central.
We settled our dinner at KFC. In HK, I did most of the ordering because of the language barrier.
Our 2 piece chicken meal with crisscut fries

They provided plastic gloves for us so that we won't dirty our fingers. BUT! the oil seep thru the gloves and my fingers were oily! Stupid isn't it. Makes no difference with or without gloves.
Finally, we are ready for some shopping. Went to many places, Esprit Outlet, H&M, Ladies Street, Fa Yuen Street, etc etc. We just kept walking and walking. My feet were killing me but no choice, we had to shop, need to buy stuffs for our family members.
The night shopping in Mongkok

Fa Yuen Street Sign

A bad thing about shopping in HK is that there are no seats for u to rest and sit down, including shopping centres. So we had no choice but to patronise this desserts stall so that we can take a rest.
Honeydew Sago + Watermelon Sago

I like their desserts. Made from fresh fruits. Thirst quenching and healthy.
Coming up - Day 4 - Hong Kong Disneyland and Hollywood Hotel
Posted by Angela at 11:54 PM