Thursday, January 03, 2008


Last Day of 2007

My 31st December was spent on a shopping trip at bugis, a nice dinner and a lousy movie.

Shopping for CNY clothes is such a chore when I'm poor. I bought a nice pink tunic but it's too low cut. Sian.

Margarita's @ Dempsey
For a change, we tried Mexican food.

Interior
Nice ambiance to chill and enjoy my dinner.

We got con by that waiter who tried to carrot us by introducing their special main course which is not in the menu. That means we won't know the price until we see our bill. We will never do that again.

Drinks and Appetizer
Sunrise Punch for me, Margarita for him, chips and salsa to share. Wanted to try their nachos but $15.90 is quite expensive imo so we skip that.

Soup
The waiter calls it the Christmas Soup to blend in with the festive season. The white stuff is cheeeeese. I love cheese.

Escolar
Chim name huh? It is actually grilled fish with a generous serving of prawns. The sauce is pretty good too. I've learned to appreciate sauce more after watching Sweet Relationship.

Beef Chipotle
Kobe beef (beef from the Wagyu Cattle) on top of mashed potatoes and broccoli. The sauce has a similar taste with the Foie Gras I had at Sage Restaurant. Suddenly I realize I have been eating really good food for the past 2 years. Hee.

Me with the Kobe Beef
Total Damage at Margarita's == $118.17

That's the result of ordering something outside of the menu but I enjoyed my new year dinner, that's the most important I guess.

I wanted to stay out till 12 but do not wish to squeeze with the crowd for fireworks and countdown. So we celebrated the countdown in the cinema with Aliens vs Predator 2.

I find that it is ok, just that there is no storyline but many say it is lousy. Can give it a miss if you are planning to catch it. :)

Happy 2008 Everyone~!

Posted by Angela at 12:34 AM