Monday, February 11, 2008
鼠年行大运
Happy Chinese New Year Everyone~
It was a good 6 days of CNY celebrations.
----------------------
Tue (Eve Eve of CNY)
Had reunion dinner with my sister, jiefu, keatkeat and binbin. Had steamboat so that the kids can cook their own fishballs. :)

----------------------
Wed (Eve of CNY)
I had my first CNY celebration at my company. Cool isn't it? Work for 2 days and I get a super long holiday. Hehe. My half day at work was spent chatting, laughing, playing and eating with my colleagues. So fun.
The celebrations started at 12. Lion dancers started the ball rolling. We had free flow of red wine, white wine and beer (from Brewerks). Then, there was lao yusheng and buffet style lunch. We took alot of cereal prawns, yam cake stuffed with scallops, teriyaki chicken, sweet and sour fish, rice and fried noodles. Haha. So full la and we took home a goodies bag of oranges and sweets.
BUT, why no ang bao? I remember my ex-company Veritas gave us ang bao during CNY. That was so cool~
Had reunion dinner with dear's family at Genghis Khan. I seriously think it is over-rated. I only like a few dishes such as scallops in garlic sauce, chocolate coated marshmallows, maguro, salmon, mango dessert. I didn't like any of the soups or main dishes. Pathetic isn't it?
After dinner, we played mahjong together while watching the Countdown show on channel 8. I never won once. Luck is just not with me.
----------------------
Thu (1st day)
My sister went to bai nian at her in-laws and I visited dear's family. Had dinner over at his place and ate sharks' fins soup, hae bee hiam, assorted veggies, scallops and rice.
We played blackjack with his lil brother and cousin. It's funny to see his brother's reaction when he keep losing. Haha. Fun.
Then, I visited his uncle's house at night. His ah ma called and ask when am I going over to bai nian. Lol. And so I did.

We watched Jay Chou's new movie with his lil brother and mom. I think only Jay's fans will enjoy it. It's not for those who are keen on good story plot, great CGI, etc.
----------------------
Fri (2nd day)
Went to my 1st Aunt, 3rd Aunt and 5th Aunt place. My Malaysian relatives came down from Johor and KL. The house was so packed that sometimes we have to stand to chat. Oh my. My favourite uncle came too and we had a nice chat. I like him a lot. Glad to know that he is still healthy and going strong.

I watched CJ7 at night. I was really tired but it is a very cute show and I enjoyed it. I like the alien dog. SOOO cute la. His pet name is 七仔. And the little boy (girl) acted really well which makes it even more interesting to watch.
----------------------
Sat (3rd day)
My family and I went to River Ang Bao for a walk. Or rather, for the kids to explore. I realise the rates of the rides (bumper cars, merry-go-round, mini rollercoasters, etc) are so bloody expensive. 1 ride ($7.50 for 10mins). OMG. Extortion. Furthermore their rides are so old, it seems like they used it for 10 over years. River Ang Bao is another over-rated thingy.
Then we went shopping at toys r us. And I saw the slogan "I don't wanna grow up, I wanna be a toys r us kid" Lol. I agree with the first half of the sentence but not the second half.
Finally, we ended our outing with kids playing TOUCH-ME-NOTS, otherwise known as MIMOSA.
My dear came over to my house to bai nian. We had dinner together and played blackjack and mahjong. Hee. I am happy.
----------------------
Sun (4th day)
Went to bai nian at my sister's mom-in-law place. It's been a long time since I visited them. I had a fun day being surrounded by my sister's nieces and nephews. They are simply adorable but sometimes annoying. I think it's really cool to have a family gathering every sunday like them.
----------------------
Over the years, I realise that family ties are really important. It makes you feel loved and to know that people really do care about you. I guess that's the beauty of CNY.
I love CNY. :)
Gong Xi Fa Cai~!
Posted by Angela at 10:30 PM