Friday, February 01, 2008
Family Day
How often do you go out with your entire family? I don't get that opportunity very often in the past, my sister and bro-in-law used to work in retail and my nephews were always at their grandma's place. But after a drastic change for the past 6 months, we can finally have some family bonding.
Yesterday was a fun shopping trip to china town, we bought many new year goodies like bak kwa, love letters, pineapple tarts, sweets, different types of chips, prawn rolls, nian gao, etc. Oh my, I feel like eating them now even though Chinese New Year is not here yet. We also bought new year decorations to beautify our living room.
My sister suggested revamping our storeroom to accommodate the remaining stocks from her retail business so that the living room looks neater. It is a whole lot of work!
1) Shop for new shelves from toyogo
2) Remove everything in the storeroom
3) Unscrew the existing shelves in the storeroom
4) Clean and wipe away all the dust
5) Threw away a whole lot of old stuffs
6) Fix the new shelves
7) Fill up the shelves with the original stuff and sister's remaining stock
8) Decorate our living room with the new decorations
Do you know how long those 8steps took? 7pm - 2am! That's freaking 7hours of clearing up. I was freaking tired but had to bathe and wait for my hair to dry before sleeping. I finally slept at 4am.
Despite feeling so tired, it's still worth it to see a spacious living room and pretty decorations that I bought! Heeee. I enjoy doing things together with my family. :)
Posted by Angela at 3:26 PM