Sunday, February 17, 2008


Gyu-Kaku

This is an out-dated post but the food is sooo worth mentioning that I gotta blog about it.

For my dear's birthday, I treated him to dinner. Both of us are fans of beef and we heard about wagyu beef for a long time but we didn't try it. So I decided to bring him to this Japanese BBQ Restaurant for good wagyu beef.

Gyu kaku at Chijmes

After recommendations by the waitress, we decided on this set.

For a BBQ restaurant, this is mandatory.
Their level of service is good. They changed the grill and the charcoal for us, twice.

Our caesar salad.
It's super yummy, especially the sauce. From a person who doesnt really like vegetables and I gobbled it all up, so you can imagine how nice it is.

Ishiyaki Bibimba
The waiter mixed it up at our table and served it to us. Their service is really quite good, which makes you feel good as a customer.

Assorted Kimuchi.
It's super spicy so I didn't finish this. What a waste.

Assorted Sausages to bbq.

Ebi Garlic
These prawns are really huge. The garlic sauce makes it really delicious.

Wagyu Tongue
We tried Wagyu Tongue, Wagyu Karubi and Wagyu Nakaochi. I was quite skeptical towards the tongue at first but in the end I like it the most. It just melts in ya mouth. Shiok~

Our table of food
The food is served all at once. We were quite intimidated initially because it's a whole lot of food for 2 persons but somehow we managed to finish it.

And not forgetting our desserts.

Black Sesame Ice-Cream and Milk Pudding
Really very full after this.

Usually I patronize some restaurants for an experience and I seldom go back again. But for Gyu-kaku, I feel like going back to enjoy their beef once more. Hee, I shall wait till im filthy rich and I shall feast again!

Posted by Angela at 7:00 PM