Sunday, June 22, 2008
First Facial Experience
Tagged along with dear's mom to the beauty salon at Bishan. I think it's quite paiseh that I'm 23 and this is my first time going for a facial.
Actually I thought my face is ok, with occasional pimples and blackheads. I've been using Dr Ong's medicine for a number of years now and I trust Dr Ong, so my perception of my face is still alright.
The entire process lasted about 3 hours, including waiting time for my face to absorb the nutrients etc.
First, the beautician cleansed my face and I was placed under this steamer, for my pores to open so that the extraction of blackheads and dirt is easier. I find that the extraction is a little painful because my blackheads have already solidify for so long but the pain is still bearable. I'm happy that I've gotten rid of them. :)
Then I was told by my beautician that because I've been using Dr Ong's products, my skin has become rather "thin", resulting in sensitive and dry skin. And my eye area has little oil bumps because my eye cream is too rich. Sian, I just bought the eye cream from body shop and I can't use it now!
And so, she recommended eye treatment for me and a moisturising treatment (facial ampoule and mask) for my face. The entire process is very cooling and shiok. While she was applying the gel, I was enjoying my facial massage.
I was afraid that it might be really expensive but I got discounts and I paid $65 only.
After the facial, I can feel that my face is very moisturised, soft and smooth. I didnt know that my face is so dry and that it has been dehydrated for quite some time. My poor face~ It's time to invest in a good moisturiser and a suitable eye gel.
It's so difficult to maintain pretty skin and it's so expensive to do so too. I need a pay raise!
Posted by Angela at 11:41 PM