Sunday, September 07, 2008


COLORS

My very first Dinner and Dance event in my company. It is held at Orchid Country Club, all the way to the North, around Yishun area. It was a whole day event with a seminar, car rally and dinner.

The theme for the day is COLORS because everyone who joined our company comes from all walks of life. And to unify everyone regardless of race/religion, we are grouped together in different house COLORS - Blue, Black, Red, Green, Yellow, White. And that truly explains why our theme is COLORS.

Our group having buffet lunch after the seminar. We can easily differentiate ourselves by our t-shirt COLORS. I'm happy to be in the same group as Lihui cause she is the more ONZ type and if i wanna go for any event, she will accompany me.

In the picture, ting is missing. From that day onwards, we called her the very enthusiastic gal who wants to come for every event but end up not turning up at all. That's really her.

Everyone is assigned to a bus/car for the car rally event in the afternoon. Jason got lihui and I into his team with Jerry and Louis. Sometimes I feel its good to know more people and you get to choose a car rather than being assigned a car randomly.

Car Dress Up
Jason was damn lucky, his car was chosen for the dress-up event. We are supposed to dress up his car as the Beng-ster car which really suit him well. He is quite an ah beng actually and he listens to techno lor.

All Blue House people came to dress up the Beng-ster car.

The side of the car.

Adding a spoiler. Creative isn't it? Hee

Look at who is driving the Beng-ster car.
Stylo milo with sunglasses!
The car beside me was vying for the Sissy-car award. It is a Convertible with balloons. Cool right? And they really won the sissy-car award.

Now, presenting to you, our Beng-ster car!
We came in 2nd place!

Look at the number of people participating in the car dress-up and car rally event. I heard that we have over 1000+ employees working in Singapore alone. That's a big company we are talking about here.

Gathering everyone in their respective houses before going off for the car rally.

The "famous" five in Jason's car - Louis, Lihui, Me, Jerry, Jason.

The Ah Beng driver - Jason

Lihui and I. We were on the way to our first destination.

The first part of the car rally is to go to 3 different places by following the clues given on a booklet. The first place was Punggol Jetty.

Looking for answers to some historical questions of Singapore.

Another group picture at the Punggol Jetty.

Then we head off to our 2nd destination which is a very big car park at Seng Kang for large vehicles like long lorries, etc. This mission is to test the driver's driving skill. There were 5 markings on the floor and the driver had to direct the car's front right wheel over all the 5 markings at 1 go. The driver cannot practice and there is only 1 try. Our results - 3/5 :(

The final pit stop before we proceed to the 2nd part of the rally is the Air Force Museum at Paya Lebar. The task at this pit stop is simple. Just fold a paper aeroplane and see how far it can fly. The further it is, the more points you get.

I met my project manager at this pit stop. He is quite a nice manager generally but sometimes I get bek chek when he gives orders that we must work 10hours a day and/or work on Saturdays. Arghhhh. I hope I don't need to OT anymore.

Part 2 of the Car Rally - Tulips. This is a very cool part where the driver will reset his mileage meter of his car and start from 0. The booklet says "Go straight until your meter reads 0.1. What is the name of the school on your left?" Then we had to drive till the meter reads 0.1 and look out for the name and write the answer in the booklet. And this goes on until we reach the final destination of Tulips which is the Singapore Flying Club.

We had to park the car and walk towards the Singapore Flying Club. Once we got off the car, we smell food! Something smell really good and makes me salivate. I was hungry!

And I was right, delicious chicken wings await me. But it's not as simple as it seems. These chicken wings are coated with chilli padi. The chicken wings you see in the picture is a level-5, in terms of spiciness.

2 team-members of each group had to finish 3 chicken wings in order to pass this mission.
Louis and Jerry are the 2 brave ones to take on this challenge.

Lihui and I wanted to try the chicken wings and the guy recommended us to just take 1 and share. Lihui took a bite first and said it tastes good and passed it to me. I thought it was not as spicy as it seems to be and so I took a large bite and pass it back to Lihui when I found her searching for water to drink. Then I felt the spiciness. The burning sensation came 5-10 secs later. And gosh! It was hot! I took a 2nd bite after gulping down a cup of water and finally gave up. It's too spicy!

We girls after tasting a level-5 spicy chicken wing.

This is not the spiciest, they have up to level-27 of spiciness and it's not cheap. A level-5 chicken wing costs about $3.50 and a level-7 costs about $5. I really wonder how much is that level-27 chicken wing!

And that's the end of the Car Rally!

Dinner and Dance

I only have 2 pictures of my D&D because I forgot my camera and was too busy eating! The food is not bad and I ate till my fill because we had 7 people sharing a 8 course dinner that is meant for 10 people. Heee. 吃到饱!

I'm sitting so far away from the stage because I thought the seats were already allocated for everyone but I was wrong. It was first come first served! I should have been more kiasu. Haiz.

Lihui and I took a toilet break and saw this nicely decorated buggy. And this is the only photo I took at night -_-.

I hope the next year's D&D will be even better, hopefully I will still be at this company. Ha~

Posted by Angela at 12:10 PM