Monday, November 24, 2008
Our Monthly Meet-up
Ever since I started work, Shirlee and I tried meeting up once every month. So far so good except for 1-2 months when we were too busy with school/work.
The usual questions we ask each other is 'What are we gonna eat next month?' That means we end up feasting every time we meet.
We dined at Out of the Pan during our last meet-up in September. It's at Raffles city, the open concept dining area near the fountain. We tried their crepes.


Black Pepper Beef crepe + Peking Duck crepe.
I find the Peking Duck crepe special but I prefer the taste of the Black Pepper Beef crepe. Yumz. It was really filling.
Then we kaypoh-ed what others were eating and saw this tempting 3 layer chocolatey dessert. After looking through the menu, we deduced what we saw to be Chocolate Temptation and we ordered the dessert.

Tadah! We were wrong! This is the real Chocolate Temptation, not the towering chocolatey dessert we saw. Even though we ordered wrongly, we both enjoyed the dessert. =) I like the presentation of it. Looks yummy isn't it?


The participants of the 'Crepes' feast~!
Total Damage for 2 - $58.68 after 15% Citibank card discount
---------------------------------------
Our latest meet-up was on 21 Nov. This time we had Italian cuisine at Prego. The restaurant is at Swissotel Level 1.
Pardon me, I didn't do my homework before we step into the restaurant and was lost. Didn't know what to order until the waiter recommended their signature dishes to us. And it seems like Shirlee and my tastebuds are in-sync. We decided on what to eat very quickly after that.

Lasagne Alforno. Simply said, it is beef lasagne. Pretty good I would say. It does not give me the gerlat feeling after finishing half of it.

Signature 'Prego' Pizzaaaaa. The parma ham is delicious~ I didn't like the white flat pieces of cheese though. Find that it does not blend with the pizza well.

Enjoying my Tiramisu. =) This is the highlight of the meal!

Finally a decent photo! It is so difficult to get a nice pic of us because we have to trouble others to snap the pics. At Prego, there is a waitress who is dedicated in serving us. It's their practice to address their customers by their names. Excellent and prompt service is what you will get at Prego. And she took this pic for us. =)
Super hearty meal and a nice place to chat the night away.
Total Damage for 2 - $66.03 after 15% AMEX card discount
---------------------------------------
Now, the question is "What are we gonna eat next month?" One possible candidate is PS cafe but we haven't decided yet.
Can't wait to feast and meet up with Shirlee again!
Posted by Angela at 10:03 PM