Saturday, March 21, 2009


Treat of the Month (March)

For this month, I share my $150 weekend allowance with my family.

On a random weekday afternoon, I told them that I have $150 to spare and let's go eat some good food. Almost immediately, both Sis and Jiefu turn on their comp/laptop and started searching for delicacies online. Sis even sought help from her blogger friends for restaurants recommendations. Finally, they decided to eat crabs at Jumbo Seafood.

So, here we are. Cheeky little kids posing for an entrance photo. Btw, that is the first day I drove my Jiefu car. Heee.

We took quite a long time deciding what to order because Jiefu wanted to eat the Australian lobster which was at $88/kg. But that will exceed our budget. End up, this was what we ordered.

Baby squids for the kids. Nothing special about this dish, worse of all, the kids don't really like it too. =(

Boiled prawns. This is v fresh, big and juicy!
Sister was helping Keatkeat to peel his prawn.

But ah bin said no to any help. He can peel it on his own! *applause for this 3yr old kid*

I forced them to take a pic. Jiefu looked happy but bin looks grumpy. Cause I disturbed his momentum in peeling his prawns. Lol.

Red Tilapia. I like the way how it was presented. But I haven't got a chance to snap snap snap and that waitress cut the fish up. It's a tad spicy but I love it.

Jiefu was craving for Chilli crabs, that's why we decided on Jumbo Seafood due to its good reviews. Initially he wanted 2 chilli crabs but I suggested why don't we try 1 chilli crab and 1 black pepper crab for a change.

And guess what? All 3 adults favored the Black Pepper crabs more. It's simply delicious. I'm falling in love with Black Pepper Crabs now. *Salivating*

Sorry to the kids who didn't get the chance to eat the spicy stuffs but they had fun eating the lil man tous though.

The service provided by Jumbo Seafood is excellent as well. They are always ready to attend to you even though the restaurant was packed with customers. They refill tea, clear away prawn shells, crabs shells and change your plate every now and then. We had 1-2 crab pincers that was not cracked properly and we had a hard time trying to get the crab meat out. They offered to bring it to the kitchen to crack it for us. That's how meticulous they are.

Finally, a group photo of the 5 of us. I am full of praise for Jumbo Seafood except for 1 thing.

Why so expensive? Sobs. The meal costs $190+ but I had Citibank 10% discount and so it amounted to $175. Overshot my $150 budget. =(

Note: I will be going there again in May. Just asked Jiefu how he want to celebrate his birthday. He said "Let's go Jumbo Seafood again and this time he wants 2 black pepper crabs!" Heeee..

Posted by Angela at 11:39 AM