Thursday, July 23, 2009


Approachable Face?

Recently, I have been approached by quite a number of passersby asking for the time, street directions, mrt routes, bus numbers, landmarks, etc.

I find it perfectly normal because I will ask for directions too when I'm not familiar with the place.

However, these 2 encounters feels weird to me, rather than normal.

Incident 1:
It was in the morning. I was feeling sweaty after walking 10mins to the mrt station. Boarded the train but was standing because there wasn't any seats. Finally, someone alighted and I sat down. Phew, all sweaty but the sun was shining in my directions. I was still in a very uncomfortable situation.

A young lady who sat beside me started off by asking which station should she alight to go to the merlion. I replied City Hall. Then she said yes, that is where she is heading. So I just smiled and turn my head away from her. She continued by saying that my bag is nice and she likes it.

Ahhhh?! She is trying to start a conversation! I said thank you and whipped out my HP and tried to act busy. Once I slipped my HP back into my bag, she started asking me about Singapore's places of interest. *Faint* At that time, I was not so sweaty anymore and entertained her all the way from Queenstown to Raffles Place.

Incident 2:
I was at the mrt station, with my ta-bao-ed dinner and was heading home. Another young lady ask me which bus to take to West Coast Plaza. I told her 189. Then I added on that it is a trans-island bus.

She told me that I am very friendly. Can she be my friend?

Ahhh?!?! Lydat very friendly?!?! There was a long pause. She ask me "Cannot?" I said "No la..it just feels abit..ehm..weird" She said "Why is it weird?" Then I said "Sorry I need to go AXN pay my bills" That was my rejection line.

I hope these incidents stop now. I don't want anymore weird encounters like this. -_-

Posted by Angela at 10:41 PM