Wednesday, July 29, 2009


I am a quarter century old

I am officially 25 years old. OMG. That's really quite sad. I'm in the mid twenties range now.

On 4th July, ps gave me an early birthday treat at Ma Maison. Thanks girl~

We had potato gratin and seafood paella. Funny ps told me that she didn't had such heavenly food for a very long time. The food was exceptionally good that night. The more we eat, the more hungry we get. We had such a nice long chat at the restaurant. It was fun catching up.

On 7th July, I was having runny nose the whole day. Argh! It was so uncomfortable. I decided to pop medicine and sleep earlier that night, in order not to ruin my birthday as well as not to waste my birthday leave the next day.

So my family celebrated my birthday at 10plus. Usually we will blow out the candles at midnight but I need to sleep early that night.

My yoghurt cake.

The kids helping out with the candles.

Happy Birthday to Me! This year, ah bin looked at me and kept singing the Happy Birthday song. It felt exceptionally sweet even though I was busy sniffing away.

I had a good night sleep and met up with my dear in the afternoon the next day. I had a birthday request. And that is to be the driver of the day! Woohooo, it was so fun driving around.

We went for our early dinner at a Japanese French Cuisine Restaurant called "Dozo", which means "Please" in Japanese. This word has become our internal joke cause we kept using the word in Japan and when we came back, my dear told me that he know just the right place for my birthday dinner treat and that's "Dozo restaurant".

The interior of the restaurant is very nice. Romantic and beautifully designed. Dear made the booking and ask for a corner seat for some privacy.

The "founder" of Dozo restaurant.

Looking through the menu. Basically we have a 7-course dinner. For each of the course, we have different dishes to choose from. Totally spoilt for choices. Given that it was our first time there, we ordered based on the waiter's recommendations.

See these few sticks? It is fried soba sticks and they are edible. It is quite nice to chew on as a snack.

Complimentary Mango Freeze. I like the way it was presented to us.

First Course - Chef Seasonal Assorted Platter.
From left to right, Foie Gras, Scallop and Smoked Salmon. There was a sequence for the food to be eaten to get the maximum pleasure. Can't remember that now though. I love the taste of the scallop the most.

Second course - Cold Dish. My Air Flown Seasonal Sashimi Platter. It just tastes very normal to me. Too much delicacies at Japan spoiled my tastebuds already.

Closer shot of the Sashimi

Second course - Cold Dish. His Beef Tataki with shaved parmesan and truffle mayo mosaic. This taste absolutely fantastic!! Definitely a must-try for beef lovers.

Third course - Side Dish. His Gratinated Escargots topped with Yuzu butter. Very nice combination of cheese and escargot.

Third course - Side Dish. My Foie Gras Chawanmushi topped with Black Truffle slice. I don't quite like the bitter taste of foie gras when eaten alone. However this complimenting blend of chawanmushi and foie gras gives it a refreshing taste.

Fourth Course - Soup. His Infusion of Cepes Mushroom and Truffle. Notice the black "thingy" on the spoon? That's truffle (fungi) which is known to be highly priced and is usually served in a small portion.

Fourth Course - Soup. My Crab Bisque. Cheerssss~! It is served in a cup, in a cappuccino form.

Notice that till now, the main course has not been served and it is already the 4th course. I was really full by then. Don't underestimate these small courses, they are quite filling!

Finally the mains are here.

Fifth Course - Main. My Chef's Selection of Sushi Platter on Wasabi Mayo. Oh my God, I was already full when this came. I forgot that I ordered the sushi platter. Look at the amount of rice that I still need to finish. =( I ended up eating the meat instead and leaving all the rice to my dear to settle. Hehe. I was too full to enjoy the main but I simply love the Wasabi Mayo.

Fifth Course - Main. His Beef Tenderloin on "Pu-Ye" & Granite Hot Stone. Look at how happy he is, eating the Beef Tataki and Beef Tenderloin! This is really like Hot Stones where you cook the meat and eat it piping hot. I prefer this to my sushi platter.

Sixth Course - Dessert. His Freshly Baked Warm Chocolate Cake served with Ice-Cream. I would say that this is a pretty dessert with very ordinary taste.

Sixth Course - Dessert. My Napoleon of Red Bean and Yam. This was highly recommended by the waiter. I'm not a fan of Yam stuffs but decided to try this because it was unique.

Seventh Course - Drink. My Iced Mallow Apple Melody and His Iced Fruity Refresher. Sweet and fruity drinks served in a small tea-pot. That's the end of our super-filling 7 course meal in Dozo Restaurant.

The waiter suddenly came over with this. My surprise cheesecake! =)

Finally, a photo of the both of us. We started our dinner when the sun was still up and shining, now it is totally dark outside. Overall, the service is fantastic, the food is above average. A nice place for a couple to enjoy their food and chit-chat.

Even though we were very full after the meal, we still went off to buy a slice of my birthday cake to celebrate. Drove off to I-Caramel beside The Cathay to buy a slice of the cake.

Guess who was behind the wheel? Me me me!!! I love driving around!

My thick choco cake with a red macaroon. Thanks dear for celebrating my birthday for me and letting me drive around the whole day! It was fun!

For this year, I didn't have to crack my head too much to decide what present I want. This is because my good old Dell of 5years old died on me right after I came back from Japan.

I had to say "Goodbye Dell" and

"Hello Vaio!" I love my new reddish and vibrant Sony Vaio ALOT!!! It is damn chio~This Bluetooth Sony mouse comes with it as a free gift which adds on to the chio-ness. Love it and thanks dear for making this happen. Please dun bomb me with expensive requests on your birthday k? lol

On 13th July, my family went for a belated birthday dinner at Tony Romas (my choice!). We initially wanted to celebrate on 7th July, however my sister who has just been discharged from the hospital due to gastric pain cannot fully enjoy the food then. So we postponed it about a week later.

The kids loved the place because they will never be bored. They get to colour, look at kois in the pond, and eat their favourite cheesesticks and corn.

I love their corn too. It's damn juicy and it squirts out whenever you take a bite. Yum Yum! I love their baby ribs too, it's easy to eat it just by using the fork and knife, no need to get your hands dirty.

Thank you jiejie and jiefu for my birthday treat! Look at how happy ah bin is!

I had a wonderful birthday. And it makes it even more special to know that I received a lot more birthday greetings this year! It feels good to be remembered.

Thank you all who wished me Happy Birthday!

Posted by Angela at 12:57 AM