Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Organizer + Participant
I am so active in my company this year, regardless of being the organizer or the participant.
~Family Day~
This is my 2nd company event that I organised after the paintball event. The previous event was targetted at young people like me but for this family day its target audience are couples with kids.
After many discussions and committee meetings, we decided on a guided tour to nature farms around Singapore. Due to time constraint, we decided on 2 farms - Hay Dairies Goat Farm and Qian Hu Fish Aquarium.
On 18th July 2009, a beautiful sunny saturday morning, we went to Hay Dairies Goat Farm. My nephews have been there twice yet I haven't been there before.

It was quite a small tour around the farm. The farm is quite small. We can actually feed the goats but due to H1N1, this activity was cancelled to prevent the spread of the virus. Otherwise this would have been fun for the children.

Mr Goatie rubbing his newly-grown horns. Very itchy!

With yenping. She got pang-seh-ed by another colleague of ours, so she joined lihui (co-organizer) and i during the entire event.

This male goat is damn fortunate! He goes around spreading his "love" to all the female goats in the pen. The ratio of male is to female in a single pen is around 1:8.

Kenny (co-organizer) was giving out free goats' milk for the participants to try. The tour guide mentioned that goats' milk is actually more beneficial to humans than cows' milk. Cows' milk is acidic while goats' milk is alkaline, which is the same as human breast milk. If you can get past that yucky smell (I have no issue with that!), try drinking goats' milk next time instead of cows' milk.

The milking process. The goats are quite obedient, they know where to slot their heads and get themselves into position.

See that big lump? That's the mammary organ called "Udder". I've been patronizing this ice-cream store called Udders. Didn't know it was referring to this till the day I went to the goat farm. lol.
We proceed on to our next stop - Qian Hu Fish Aquarium.

Since this is a family day, the company sponsored the kids for longkang fishing. They get to catch the fish and even bring them home.
While the kids were busy catching their fish, guess what the adults were doing?

These are my legs. I was having a relaxing and ticklish foot spa. =) It costs $10 for 30mins, but I spent more than an hour there! Worth it!

Me!

yenping and cindy!

Yonglai's wife and Kenny!

Elmor!
We were chatting away while the tiny fish bites the dead skin off our feet. Then Elmor dared us to try the BIGGER fish.

Just like what this signboard says. Bigger Spa Fish! Bigger Sensation!

Can you see the fish that is biting my right foot? I am the one with the red toenails. BIG isn't it? It was quite freaky because I can actually feel their teeth and mouth while they were chewing. OMG. It felt better when I was not looking at them. But once I see a school of fish swimming towards me, I will freak out and lift up my feet. Then I will immerse my feet into the water again when the "coast" is clear. And the cycle continues~
Overall, I had such a nice time being a participant in my own event. I was not having high hopes for this because the event was mainly targeting at families with young children but I had my fair share of fun! I wonder what's the next event that I'm gonna organize.
For the next event that happened on 24th July, I was the participant instead of the organizer. Our final quarter of the financial year celebration was held at Gothan Penthouse at Clarke Quay. For the very first time, it was no longer a "All speech and No fun" event.

Had dinner in the club with my clique - ting, cindy and jos.

Took a photo with the BIG shot in my company.

Wolverine and Darth Vader were there too!!! This event became fun because I know 3 different groups of people, my ex project, my current proj and the committee members. The more people I know, the more I enjoy the event.

Pretty Storm with lihui and me.

Darth Maul came and play along too!! I couldn't spot his real eyes at Gotham, but in this photo, his real eyes are quite clear hor? lol.

Batman with his fake kissable lips. Lol. Everyone in their costumes were sweating like a pig that night. It was a big sacrifice.

For the entire night, I think Mystique sacrificed the most! She painted her face and dressed in that body hugging suit. But too bad, it wasn't that complimenting. Hehe.

My colleague saw this pic and ask if I was "Chu-ing" my power that night~ haha


"Stole" the light sabers away from the committee and started cam whoring with my clique. I like this picture!

Last but not least, a big groupie pic~~
I had the most amazing night because the lucky star was shining on me! I played "five ten" with a bunch of people and I kept winning! yonglai kept drinking cause of me, poor him!

I won a lucky draw as well! I really really seldom win any lucky draws and I won it that night! Although it is just $30 taka vouchers but I felt v happy with it. =)

This is the door gift of the night. Looks like a wine bottle? Well, it is actually an umbrella~

See!! I didnt use it yet because it is way too long to keep it in my bag.
Yay! I have 2 happy company events in July~
I just secretly hope that all my efforts are worthwhile.
Please Please~ Give it to me!
Posted by Angela at 10:25 PM