Saturday, January 02, 2010
Happy 2010 and Recap 2009
Happy New Year! Wish that 2010 will be a better year for everyone.
Yr 2009 has been an eventful year for me with a fair share of happy and un-pleasant events. All I can say is that I'm glad that it is over and I hope 2010 will be a smoother year for me.
Let me summarize the good and bad stuffs of 2009.
Un-pleasant
- Left my comfort zone in my old project and join a totally new project where I had to make new friends, learn new things, accept new culture, get used to new bosses. It wasn't easy and I didn't adapt that quickly to the new surroundings which makes me yearn for my old project so so so so much. After 1 year, things definitely got better but I still prefer my colleagues in my previous project.
Wonderful
- Got my driving license on 13th Jan. This is super exciting for me as this skill is useful for a lifetime and I'm enjoying the control of a vehicle and the fun it brings as I drive to my destination. Recently, I asked my dear to rate my driving if I still drive like a noob. He said no when driving but yes when parking. haha. Still need to practice more! And in 13 days time, I am no longer a p-plater!
Wonderful
- Finished repaying my school fees which has interest rolling every month. My determination has got me through this which is quite an achievement for me. Finally my hard earned money can be put to better use.
Up-set
- I lost my water-bottle that was given to me by claud and yf. It's a very pretty nike bottle and I just love its size and design. I lost it due to my carelessness as I left it in the office toilet over the weekend. As im a water-holic, I immediately went to get a not-so-nice nike water bottle from Funan. Guess what, I lost it again in November! But this time I was very sure that I didn't leave it in the toilet but who could be so sicko to steal my bottle? This mystery is still unsolved. Where is sherlock holmes?
Good and Bad
Permed my hair in April. I like the new look, more refreshing than the usual straight rebonded hair. But the perm wasn't done evenly and I fried my hair during the re-perm. Hair remains brittle and dry until now. Hair loss is also inevitable. The curls are almost gone now. What should I do? Chop those remaining curls off or go for rebonding or re-curl again?
Miserable now
Join my company's committee in organizing events. There are actually 2 committees. I joined the smaller committee and it was fun. The activities, the planning, etc were all enjoyable and relaxing. Due to the fiscal year change, my career counsellor swop me over to the bigger committee and became my in-charge + team lead. This new committee was not fun. It was time-consuming and the activities planned were boring. To make matters worse, instead of being fren fren with my career counsellor, now I end up have to impress him in meetings and all because he is my team lead in the committee. He is the one that help to push me for promotion and if I don't perform well in front of him, he won't have nice stuffs to say about me during promotion isn't it? It sucks man to be under such pressure.
Wonderful
My japan trip is great! I finally get to travel to this place that my friends have been raving about. Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto and I love Tokyo the most. From this trip, I discover that I'm a very city person and don't particularly like scenery, temples, monuments etc. I love the food, shopping, service, transport, etc. Basically it is a place that I will definitely go back again. But first, I wanna go Hokkaido next!!!!!
Love my new gadgets
My laptop died on me and I got a chio red sony vaio laptop and I am using it to type this blog post. Even though the fan is getting a lil noisy, I still love my vaio much. Another new gadget I have is my chio white 32gb iphone. Although it has become a common thing now, I am still very much fascinated by the functions and all. This is the coolest phone I have so far. Love them both!
So-so Birthday
Every year I treat my birthday as an important day so I will take leave on this day. I guess I was brought up this way which is why I feel birthdays are important. It is not just any other day to me. I love the presents, the celebrations, the birthday wishes this year. However, sad to say, I fell sick on my birthday. I was quite sick with fever, running nose, cough and all. Minus the sickness, everything else was great. I just hope next year birthday will be better but I doubt so, my dear will b on ICT. Haiz.
Not to my liking
Since mid of this year, there are numerous strangers who keep asking me for help on the street. When I'm alone, people approach me for directions or other queries. When I'm in a group, people still look for me and ask me for help. I'm glad that at least I'm approachable to strangers but erm, can spare me from this?
Surprise at my luck
I was exceptionally lucky this year. I usually return home with nothing from lucky draws but this year, I wont taka vouchers + 3D2N stay at fraser place from company events. But ever since I realise that I am lucky this year, I haven't won anything since. Can luck please come back to me again? Maybe just come when I'm buying toto the next time. hehe
Wonderful
I'm really happy to be recognized and promoted this year. I have been working so hard for it that I feel that I MUST get it this year and I DID!
Unhappiness at work
Yes! I am happy about being promoted but after promotion, my mood from SUPER HIGH drop to SUPER LOW. I have been thrown more shit after the promotion. People roll off, I take over, People quit, I take over. 1 person doing 4-5 ppl's job and I'm still doing it. I wanna get promoted so that my higher pay justifies what I was doing. But after promotion, I got even more shit so the pay doesn't get justified anymore. 1 month ago, I realize that I have been complaining ALOT! I think if I am my fren who is listening to my complains, it was sooooooooo damn boring and sickening. And so I decided not to complain so much anymore. In work I felt sian, after work I still complain, wouldn't that be double attack? So I should stop my complain now as well.
Disappointed
I was extremely disappointed with myself over a work issue. I made a mistake in creating some records in the production client. When my team lead ask me about it, I denied because I was very sure I did not create those records. Furthermore the date that the records were created doesnt justify as I couldn't have possibly login that very day. My team lead had to go through past logs and even check the terminal name before confirming that the culprit was me. Haiz. I am disappointed with my carelessness and the way I handled the situation. When I'm so sure that it wasn't me and when it is proven that I am the one, I am really at a loss of words. Haiz. What to do? Apologize, Learn and Move on.
That basically summarizes the major stuffs in 2009 for me. So many bad stuffs, yet so many good stuffs. It is kind of like a roller coaster ride.
Anyway, I have learned all that I need in 2009 to move forward in 2010. All the good stuffs shall remain and the bad stuffs shall turn into good ones. All the best to myself!
Posted by Angela at 3:08 AM