Friday, December 31, 2010
Last day of Yr 2010
A short recap of the bits and pieces of my year in 2010.
The first thing that came to my mind is that this year is full of complains and grumbles. It started all the way from Feb 2010. Sometimes I get pretty sick of my own session of complaining with friends as I tend to repeat to different groups of people. I hate the complaining me! I will strike it off in Yr 2011.
Nothing especially interesting this year, most of my time revolves around work which is the cause of my complains. Wish me luck in seeing the light or finding a way out.
I love my travel this year. Been to taiwan for 12 days and bali for 5 days. Taiwan was great! Gained some weight after the trip and I'm still trying to cut them out. I thought I will not like Taiwan as much after visiting Japan but it's sooooo not true. Bali was fun and relaxing. Tried white water rafting for the first time and broke my slippers and ended up with sunburns. I'm looking forward to my travels next year. It will be even more exciting!
I'm a concert go-er. Went for Show Luo concert at Xiao Ju Dan! Unbelievable experience, love it! Managed to buy Jay's tickets within 1 hour but I had a terrible time at the concert, stand for 3hours on heels. What a torture. Rainie's concert was next. I didnt know her vocals were that good. It was an eye-opener concert. My regret was that I missed Adam Lambert's concert =(
Went for lasik in June. I guess this was the bravest thing I've ever done. To go for an optional operation on my eyes. If it was a few years ago, I wouldnt have done that! But I'm really glad that I went for it. I'm enjoying the convenience that it brings. No more contact lenses, dry eyes, spectacles, etc. If you give me a choice again, I will still go for it. It's that good. =)
In my office I see so many colleagues come and go. It feels sad that good things do come to an end one day. Nice colleagues will get rolled off / quit. For some of them, we will still make the effort to keep in touch, while others just disappeared. It's so volatile.
This year many many many different groups of people are asking me the same question - 'When are you getting married?' I see so many friends / colleagues tying the knot and I ask myself when is my turn? I know it will be coming within the next few years but sometimes uncertainty gets me anxious and I do stupid things. Wish it will come soon yet afraid of how it will turn out. How ironic. On the other hand, I'm really happy for my friends / colleagues who found the right one to settle down with. It's a really happy occasion and I send my blessings to all!
I'm thankful to have people close to me such as my sister, cute lil nephews, friends and most importantly my boyfriend who have showed their care and concern for me and making me feel loved in many ways.
For the new year, I wish
1) to have better opportunities in my career and more $$$$
2) to be a happier person with lesser complains and grumbles
3) to be healthy and strong
4) to be free from pimples, wrinkles, dark eye circles.
5) to have more gatherings with friends, even friends whom I havent meet for a long time.
6) that my loved ones be healthy and successful in their career / studies
CHEERS to a brand new year~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Posted by Angela at 12:33 AM