Saturday, May 07, 2011
Voting Day 2011
My first time voting in 26 years!
3 weeks back, I wasn't too concerned about the GE. There were so many news reports on GE but I was looking at the Japan Radiation case instead.
2 weeks ago, my colleagues were talking about it and laughing (kate spade, i don't know what to say, poor coffee shop owner etc). So I got curious and started reading.
It was very entertaining! I had a good laugh. Felt sorry for certain people, know certain people which I do not want as MP, impressed by a few candidates, disgusted at some unscrupulous tactics used by candidates etc.
One thing I will like to mentioned was the Rally by WP where the Singapore pledge was said with much gusto. It was not even National Day but I can feel the patriotism within fellow Singaporeans. It was a very touching side. A touching side which I did not see in years!
Well, I have casted my vote. It was pretty efficient with the voting taking less than 5 minutes. I don't know how secret my vote is. Even if it is not secret, I will still stand by my decision.
May the best party wins!
Posted by Angela at 1:23 PM