Sunday, December 21, 2008


My dear's birthday (7th October)

Tampopo @ Liang Court (Before 7th October)
Both of us were craving for Ramen after visiting Ramen Santouka @ Central, but we wanted to try something else. My colleague recommended Tampopo because she thinks that they serve the best ramen in Singapore.

Actually, dear and I tried the food at Tampopo before when it was located at Liang Court basement 1 quite a while ago. So, we settled on having his birthday dinner at the newly renovated Tampopo.

The queue outside the restaurant. We waited for a while before we got a seat.

My Kyushu Ramen. I like the soup but I still feel that Ramen Santouka serves better soup.

The birthday boy's black pig ramen. It is his favourite. Tampopo is famous for this It's a must try. But I realise that some people just love it and some people just hate it.

Scallops + Egg + Cheese. This is my favourite dish that night. It is heavenly! I'm salivating just by looking at the picture. Really good!

My friends who patronised Tampopo before love their Gyoza and Katsu. So there are many variety of food that are good. If you are a Japanese food lover, this place should be on your must try list.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Rive Gauche (On 7th October)

My dear had lessons on his birthday till 9:30pm. Because of this, we had our dinner celebration earlier. But I still wanted to meet him on the actual day itself. We wanted to go for a simple supper that night but I had something else planned for him.

Tadah! I bought him a cake! I asked him was he surprised? He said not really because he know I'm surely getting him something for his birthday. (Maybe I was too persistent in meeting him after his lessons, haha, too fishy already) Haiz, couple for 3 years already. It's not easy to plan a surprise because we just know each other too well. But that's actually a good thing. =)

Guanaja - the name of the cake. Bitter sweet chocolate mousse cake with a thin layer of crispy biscuit at the bottom. When you eat the cake, you can taste the richness of the chocolate in every bite. And I especially love the crispy biscuit layer. This is the kind of cake that I will want to buy it a 2nd time.

If you are interested too, Rive Gauche is located at many places. I bought my cake at the outlet at Takashimaya Basement. It is beside beard papa. I used to walk past that area without giving a 2nd look at the cake shop. Didn't know that there are great treasures at such a tiny booth.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Birthday Present (After 7th October)

The reason why I am writing this post more than 2 months later is because I just bought his birthday present! And I'm happy with the purchase.

~32" Samsung LCD TV~

He just moved house and I wanted him to have a tv in his room. We bought it at the Sitex show a few weeks ago. I sponsored half the price of the TV. Even though this is my present to him. He calls it "Our TV". Hee.

And every weekend we spent hours watching the tv, especially the weekly episode of Heroes Season 3. And now he plays his xbox and wii using "Our TV".

---------------------------------------------------------------

And that sums up what I prepared for him for his birthday. I love celebrating his birthday. Heh~

Posted by Angela at 12:54 AM